Tuesday, January 25, 2011

March of the Snowmen

Wow I can't believe it's been a year already and it's time for the 2nd (annual!) March of the Snowmen blog hop. There is blog candy involved so be sure you read all the way down and leave comments :-) I'm showcasing a couple of ideas for you - one is a new post and one is a project I did earlier but I think you'll enjoy the snowmen anyhow.


I wanted to make some glass ornaments with the acetate images inside but didn't get around to it in time for Christmas so I used this opportunity to make a cute little snowman ornament. I MAY use these for the girls in the office next Christmas but at least I got to try out the technique. I think it turned out really cute :-) and it was easy to do!


The image is from JustRite - it's part of the set called Old Fashioned Christmas 3-1/4. I colored the image with Sharpies on acetate - cut out the circle with a Nestie and then it gets popped into a glass ornament that I filled with some fake snow.


In the close up you might be able to see that some of the "snow" sticks to the glass making for a softer effect.

Next up---

Here's my snowman gift card set. I used non-traditional Christmas colors for these groovy little guys.


This little gift box is made from an empty Laughing Cow cheese box. I decorated the top to coordinate with the contents and added some PTI ribbon to the edge of the top and bottom.

The inside bottom of the box is decorated, too, for fun! Once you lift all the cards out there's a sweet sentiment in the bottom from JustRite's All Occasion Nested Sentiements set.


I also added a nestie circle to the bottom to cover up the nutritional label ;-).

Here are the cards I made using JustRite's Groovy Snowmen set. I LOVE this set and used it a lot this year.



That's all for now - thanks for for stopping by - hope you like my GROOVY snowmen! I love these images. I foresee lots of snowmen in my stamping future!! :-)

NOW "march" along to the next blog - don't forget there's some great candy up for grabs as well so be sure to leave comments as you march. Look for specifics on each site.

Have a great week girls.
Hugs n smiles,

47 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your snowman ornament, I'd like to file this one away for next season. I know you stamped on acetate, but how large was the circle punch and how do you get it to stand upright? (I'm assuming after the stamps are dry you kinda roll it up to get it into the opening and does it just stand up by itself)?
Many thanks, it's adorable

Betty Benton said...

Love the vibrant colors of your snowman ornament, Pam. And the Laughing Cow cheese container -- that idea is priceless! Will have to remember that one!

Kay M said...

Oh my stars!!! These are just too cute for words!!!!!!!

lisa808 said...

Two beautiful projects!

Jen Carter said...

What a fun idea to create an ornament! Great projects!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You do the best 3D projects, Pam! That ornament is so bright and happy!

Lori said...

Oh, wow! All of your projects are so nice. They look very professional...thanks for sharing!

MariLynn said...

Now I love the laughing cow box repurposed!! That is so creative. Made me wish that I had one. You did an awesome job on those projects.

kssdesigns said...

Both projects are adorable! I love the ornament. It gives me some ideas for Christmas gifts next year!

Josie Cox said...

How great are your projects. I love the both of them. Thank you for sharing.

Simply Debbie said...

THE LAUGHING COW CHEESE CONTAINER IS HANDS DOWN A WINNER....YOU HAVE ALL THE COWS IN THE WORLD SPREADING THE NEWS ABOUT YOU AND I JUST BET...YOU WILL GET A COW BELL AWARD...AN EQUIVALENT TO THE GOLDEN GLOBE AWARD...YOU ARE AWESOME AND THE ORNAMENT WITH THE BEAUTIFUL RIBBON WAS SPECIAL TOO...VERY PRETTY
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Barb said...

Such cute projects! LOVE the card set & container... great gift idea :)

Gail said...

I love your groovy snowmen. What a great idea for using the Laughing Cow container. I have one in my fridge right now and know where the box will be going once it's empty. LOL. Thanks for the inspiration.

Auntie Em said...

Your little glass ball snowmen are so pretty. I have a Winter tree and may have to make some of these for it!
The card sets are so bright and cheerful. They would make anyone feel a little better about winter.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Shelly said...

I am so into that gift box made from the laughing cow container! I love the concept and I love the colors!

Julie Ranae said...

Really fun projects, Pam...the Laughing Cow container is definitely a hit!

Lillian Child said...

Great projects Pam!

laurlynn said...

Great ideas! I especially like the non-traditional colors.

Monique said...

Cute projects Pam...I love the ornament and your little snowmen are full of happy!! lol

Diana said...

Love those little recycled boxes. Very sweet way to use them again. TFS

Denise Bryant said...

Love your ornament and cards!
DeniseB

Jo said...

thanks for sharing such wonderfully creative ideas!

Selma said...

Pam your ornament is so cute. I remember the gift card set and it is one of my favorite. Your work is always fabulous.

Unknown said...

Such talented ladies in this bloghop, thanks for sharing your artwork, beautiful.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow!!! Your ornament is so cute and I absolutely adore the card set!!!! Beautiful work!!!! Blessings, Angie

Unknown said...

I'm loving your glass ornament... stunning work!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Wow these are both real show stoppers!!!
Really love the Groovy snowmen gift card set!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Great ornaments, TFS!

Jnett's Place said...

The ornaments are cute, but I love the cards especially done in the non-traditional colors.

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! Your snowman ornament is sooo AWESOME and what a fabulous gift set!!! Your coloring is beautiful and I just love all the JR snowmen!!!

Becky Dunham said...

These projects are so sweet Pam! I love the colors you used. That ornament is precious! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

Vic said...

I love your ornament!

iamvictorias at gmail dot com

Natalie said...

Super CUTE! Thanks for sharing!

Amy Kolling said...

Your snowman projects are just adorable! I particularly love the second one. Your coloring is fabulous! (I can't wait to make a set of circular cards because I have an almost empty laughing cow cheese box...thanks for sharing this tip!)

Laurie said...

These are sooo cute! I love the coloring!

Kikka N said...

I think these are gorgeous and lovely!

NancyD said...

Such a fun project - a snowman ornament! Love your work.

WW said...

Such a cute ornament.

Noreen said...

I DO like all your groovy snowmen, particularly the ornament.

bernietom47 said...

Fabulous projects. Love that your recycle.
Blessings Bernie

connie said...

love the glass ornament.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Great ideas, very pretty!

CuddlyBunny said...

Both creations are adorable!

I love the idea of using a Laughing Cow cheese container to decorate and fill with little cards! In fact ... I just might steal that one! :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Love, love, love your ornament and those bright colors are just what we need for chase away the winter blues Pam. Thank you so much for playing along this year! Have a blessed week!
Melisa

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see a project for the laughing cow box.Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love that ornament, I may have to give it a try.

Deb said...

LOVE these! The ornament is adorable, but that altered cheese box is my FAV! LOVE it!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails