Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Tisket A Tasket...

...A Pretty Birthday Basket! Yep - that's what I have for you today. I am showcasing another template from My Time Made Easy.  How about this pretty purple birthday basket?! All girly and frilly :-) I know Lauren has some additional ideas for you too so be sure you swing by her blog as well.


You have actually seen this template from me once already - as a baby buggy (see post here) but it can also become a beautiful basket as well. I just didn't use the carriage hood or wheels. I am always in search of ways to package up some simple birthday gifts for my co-workers. I can't spend a lot so I spend a little craft time and package them up oh so pretty and the girls just swoon! :-)

For my basket I started with some heavy white cardstock as my base and cut it out with my Cricut (but it can easily be hand cut if you don't own a cutting machine). I then layered all 4 sides with some of the girly, girly digital paper called Bringing Home Baby Girl. I scalloped the edge of the basket with a Fiskars punch before adhering that super fun and frilly ribbon. A few layered primas at the handles added a sweet finishing touch.


I'm showing you one of the gifts in the basket and also that fun frilly purple lace ribbon I used around the edges and on the handle. Y'all know I'm not into sewing so this ribbon - already gathered - was JUST my style *grin*.


Using the fabulous new Pretty Pieces © cut file from MTME called Tag You're It, I made this cute but simple gift tag to hang from the handle of the basket - I used stamps from the Fanciful Flourishes and the Bringing Home Baby set to make this. A snippet of a triple bow and a little sponging to soften the edges.

Of course I had to make a matching card but I wanted something different than my normal A2 card.
I made this fun little card by using the largest Labels Eight nestie then scoring and folding it in half. I sponged the edges slightly while the CS was still in the nestie die. My next layer uses the fabulous digital paper from the Bringing Home Baby Girl set (see how versatile it is -  doesn't look like baby paper here does it?) I've been in a purple mood lately - it's a color I have loved since I was a teenager and my parents let me paint my room purple! I finished off the tag with sentiments from the new stamp set, So Sentimental. I LOVE these sentiments - there are so many great combinations I can make - I've used it a dozen times already. I added a couple of the flower stamps from the Fanciful Flourishes stamps and the dotted line from the Bringing Home Baby set. It's just wonderful when I can combine multiple stamp sets to get just what I want!! I tied it all up with some SU! organdy ribbon to keep the card it all girly, girly.

Here's the cute label I made for the front of the basket.

More Tag You're It for the triple layered tag - some sponging again and sentiments from So Sentimental. I added just a touch of the small flourish stamp from Fanciful Flourishes as well and two purple rhinestones cause all girls love a little bling!

One final look at the whole set again - both the body butter and the lotion fit nicely into the basket. HOWEVER - if I changed the sentiment on the front label to one of the Bringing Home Baby stamp set and put baby gifts in it instead I'd have a perfect baby girl gift basket instead of a birthday basket. I LOVE versatility. I have already cut out another basket in dark blue with the woven papers for a masculine basket too.



The Details:
Pretty Impressions © Stamps: Fanciful Flourishes, Bringing Home Baby
Pretty Packaging © Template:Bringing Home Baby
Pretty Printables © Digital Paper: Bringing Home Baby Girl
Pretty Pieces © Cut Files: Tag You're It

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs n Smiles.

9 comments:

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the details.

Katie Cotton said...

this is truly beautiful pam! Fabulous job!

Kathryn B said...

This is beautiful Pam! I love the lavender it's so soft looking and I love that Ribbon its perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Pam! Another amazing gift set! I love all the lace & frill not to mention the gifts that come with it!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful! Love that lavender!!

Canda said...

This set is so pretty! I love all of the purple :)

Brenda said...

Wow Pam this is another beautiful set!!!

Lisa said...

I love this gift set! Beautiful color and gorgeous presentation!

CraftieConnie said...

What a beautiful gift set, so feminine and pretty colors!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails