Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunflowers by Melanie

One of my favorite stamp designers is Melanie Muenchinger who designs for Gina K Designs and one of my favorite stamp sets is Melanie's A Year of Flowers. A while back Melanie posted a tutorial on copic coloring and made the cutest card that had a tulip on the front AND inside. So I cased her idea with a different flower from the set and came up with this card as practice. I don't own any copics YET so my coloring had to be done with pencils and OMS. But I loved the concept behind the card. oh to be so good someday :-) When I took this picture of the inside, my light source was BEHIND the card so you sort of see the shadow of the flowers on the front of the card. In real life you don't see the front flower when you open the card at all. Next time I will use my Gina K pure luxury 120 lb cardstock! Since I was "just practicing" when I made this card I didn't want to waste the GOOD STUFF. LOL - now I wish I had used it from the outset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOO, I really love this one too.

Donna Baker said...

Melanie is one of my favorite designers too (and blessed to call her a friend IRL since we knew one another before she became FAMOUS ON-LINE HA!) LOVE your card, I still need to make one of these she shared on her blog. that's awesome you went on the CRUISE!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails