Yes indeedy - this morning marks the 100th Challenge from Just Us Girls. Never, in my wildest imagination, did I think we'd get this far when our little challenge blog started out. We've now grown to over 1000 followers so me thinks you "Girls" are liking Just Us Girls.
OK - here we go - for #100 we are looking back to #1!!! We are reposting our very first sketch for this challenge - there are so many new techniques and ideas that we're SURE this sketch will be just a fresh and fun as it was in 2009!!
Here is my card. Now - I know that all the rest of the girls have nice right cheery colors but with my current achilles injury I'm very limited in the time to get UPSTAIRS to my stamp room so I'm making cards as I need them. Sadly, I lost a DEAR friend, and ex-administrator colleague this past week to cancer. She was only 61 and battled valiantly. This card is for her mother since my friend was not married. We NEVER expect that we will outlive any of our children so I know her mom is grieving and I can only hope this will bring a little moment of comfort.
I used Designer paper and CS from PTI, seam binding ribbon from Debbie Marciniewicz, stamps from MyTimeMadeEasy and assorted pearls and embellies for final touches.
And now - ladies and gents - here's MY blog candy offering for this week's fun with JUGS...
1. Create a CARD based on the sketch - although it's just a "starting point" we should be able to tell that your card was created with this sketch in mind.
2. Become a FOLLOWER of our blog if you are not already.
3. Leave a COMMENT on the JUGS challenge page.
4. Visit EACH Design Team member AND our Featured Designer and LEAVE a COMMENT for each Jughead (they have all worked really hard and this would be a great week to leave some love).
5. Post your project per the instructions at the bottom of the JUGS POST.
Now show us what you've got up your design sleeve - can't wait!
Have a great Labor Day Weekend.
Hugs and smiles,