Friday, May 7, 2010

JUGS Challenge Pocket Card

I have two posts today - my other post is for My Time Made Easy. Please click HERE.

It's a Just Us Girls technique challenge this week brought to you by our hostess and my creative idol, Mona Pendleton! You challenge this week ladies is to make a Pocket Card! Nothing hard about that but if you have never tried it you must.  It's Oh-so-fun! Here's a link to the instructions on SCS.


Ok so here's the project I'm sharing with you today... I can't tell you it's mine because it's not. (Details to follow.)


I was not going to be able to participate at all this week but I hated to miss a JUGS challenge. The reason I was not going to particpate is because I did not have time to make something since I have company here visiting us from The Netherlands.  I also have a huge project due at work that is a real "time-suckerupper". (LOL)

BUT - alas, my Belgian girlfriend and I were chatting and since she is a stamper also I asked her if SHE would like to make my project for JUGS while I typed my post for MTME. She agreed to do so and therefore... without further ado, I present my own personal "Guest Designer", Hanne!  Thank you Hanne for helping me out!

I just let Hanne loose with everything in my Stamp Studio - she stamped, I typed and - at 10:40 pm CST we are ALMOST done... (those of you who know me know that I am usually done three days ahead of time *tee hee* but spending time with Hanne and Sjoerd yesterday and working on the project for work have consumed every moment of spare time in the last couple of days).  By the way - my "props" for this picture are REAL Belgian chocolates - wasn't that a thoughtful gift??? :-)

As for the details - Hanne tells me that she learned the ruffled ribbon technique from Ashley Canon Newell's recent post, the stamps and supplies are all PTI. Isn't she a delight! I am so tickled to have her as a friend. We're going to go to "all the craft stores" tomorrow so Hanne can shop! Wish us good luck.

Thanks for stopping by. Please stop and visit the rest of the JUGS design team (see my sidebar) and also visit LeAnne Pugliese our Featured Designer this month and Teresa Kline, our Guest Designer! They have some wonderful eye candy to share with you as well.

Have a great weekend! Hugs n Smiles.

7 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful pocket card Pam!!! The ruffled ribbon is so neat!!! Hugs ~S~

Selma said...

Oh how fun to have a guest designer. Her card is beautiful. Love the stamps and the ruffled ribbon. The chocolate looks yummy. Have fun hitting all the craft stores!

Lisa Kind said...

How fun to have a friend who could step in for you! Her card is lovely! That ribbon is fabulous...I'm going to have to check out that post! Very pretty card!

Teresa Kline said...

this is fabulous, I luv the folded ribbon, so cute.....I hope you have a wonderful day....thanks for having me...I really luv the variety JUGS offers!

enjoy *~*

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe! Thanks so much for the BIG shout out Pam - I am really feelin' the love :) Your pocket card is so pretty! I especially like the ribbon treatment. Now that is real team work & a great friend! I am so thrilled that Hanne gave you a hand & you had the chance to play along! Thanks so much to BOTH of you!!! :)

LeAnne said...

How fun! A joint effort--and look how wonderful it is! I hope you had fun with Hanne--her creation is just so cute, all the polka dots, and I love how the flower pulls out the card!! Good job to both of you!

Silver Strands said...

Ooooh! The ribbon thing is great!
Love your blog :)

Denalee

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails