Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cover Girl!

Well gang - Bear with me --- I have some SUPER exciting news to share with you today! Some of you have read my recent post for the Gina K Designs Holiday Treats Blog Hop and hopefully many of you downloaded the free recipe book. If you did read that post then you know that I was tickled pink to have my project featured on the COVER of the recipe book. :-)  :-)

NOW comes the really good stuff.... I got a package in the mail on Saturday - I thought it might be yet another real estate company's calendar and almost didn't open it.  Well, I did open it and WOW - there was a copy of the latest Just Cards Magazine - with a letter saying that they had featured one of my projects in this volume.  *SWOON* Oh my - that meant one of my cards was actually PUBLISHED in a real MAGAZINE!!! LOL {I submitted this in March and had totally forgotten about it - LOL}

So as I began to look at the magazine to find what page my card was on (pg 27 and write up is on page 26) I discovered that my project was featured.... ON THE COVER!!!! Yep - I'm a "cover girl" - TWICE in one week. I was so over the moon my DH needed to hang on to me so I didn't float away.

Here's the mag cover (my card is the yellow tulip one - the highlighting is mine, not on the actual cover):



Wait - it gets better still.... my card was created with Gina K Designs stamp sets, A Year of Flowers and Elegant Flowers for the sentiment. I thought Gina would get a kick out of knowing that so I sent her a quick note and guess what.... Gina sent me a publishing BONUS ( yeah some real $) AND I get to chose a stamp set for free - NOW HOW COOL IS THAT???? It wasn't just for me - it's for anyone who has a card that uses exclusively Gina K Designs stamps which gets published in a major card magazine !!! SO - get out your favorite GKD stamps and start submitting!! There is nothing quite like the feeling of seeing your work published!

Here's the recipe cover too in case you missed it - I'm the red card, cookies:


Ok - so it feels a little strange to "toot my own horn"  - trust me - it's just more the total excitement to share with all my stampin' friends and followers - we ALL can relate to the exhilaration of something as exciting as this.

Have a great week! Hugs and HUGE smiles...

27 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

CONGRATULATIONS Pam!!!! Well deserved! :) You are so talented & creative! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with all of us :) You are a true inspiration! I feel so blessed & honored to be creating along side you, I can only hope some of your talent will rub off on me! KUDOS to you girlfriend! Hugs, Mona

Dana Gustafson said...

Yay Pam! That's awesome and so deserved! YOu are a wonderful cover girl!

Lauren (mytime) said...

GO PAM! GO PAM! What a month for you! Totally amazing. Your projects look so wonderful in print.You should pat yourself on the back.

Melanie said...

hip hip hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
you go girl! That would be a dream come true for me to have a card on the cover like that, thanks fo rmakignt hat happend for you with one of my all time favorite sets!! :D

Maria said...

PAM!!!! That is beyond fabulous girlie!! YOU ROCK! BIG HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!! Way to go!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG Pam!!! I'm sooooo excited for you!! Your card is GORGEOUS! How awesome that you ended up being compensated to boot?! What a great way to finish last week and start this one ;] Totally well deserved...your work is always so beautiful ♥

Donna Baker said...

that is WONDERFUL, Pam! You deserve to toot your own horn about this! WTG!

Jennie said...

Woo~Hoo!!!! Doin' the happy dance for you Pam! That is so exciting and to be on the COVER of TWO...Eeeks, so exciting! Don't worry a bit about tooting your own horn, this is something to share with your stampin' peeps :o) Your card is gorgeous :o) Enjoy this, I know you are....and sumbit more. You know there is a deadline over on the PaperCrafts one tomorrow!

betty N said...

Congratulations!! REALLY awesome! Your cards are beautiful!

Payne Holler Cards said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! my DH would literally have to tie me down if this ever happened! SO ABSOLUTELY THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!! enjoy it GF..just enjoy it!!! toot that horn, blow that bugle, slam that guitar....bust the speakers!!!mmmmmmm....well maybe not the speakers part LOL...seriously, a super big congratulations!!!

Stef H said...

now that's one of the best horn tooting i've heard in ages! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! i've actually got goosebumps for you! how excitiing!

hugs,

Tina said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY YOU!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Good job, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

its a beautiful card for sure! congrats. I am not sure about getting my cards sent in to be published... yikes... they might send it back a note that says "HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA yeah right" LOL

Selma said...

OMG Pam. Are you rockin' or what. Big Congratulations. I am so excited for you. What a great Christmas gift to get published and on the COVER! Plus a new GKD stamp set. You should "toot your own horn". This is such exciting news. Way to go GF.

Silvia said...

Wooo hooo, Pam! I am sooo happy for you. Way to go girl.

Hugs,

Brenda said...

WTG!!!!!Congrats Pam, I am so very happy for you.

{{Hugs}}

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

AWESOME! I'm so glad they recognized your talent! Congratulations!

Pammy said...

Yahoooooo! Congratulations, Pam! What great news and well deserved! You are one talented stamper!

Handmade by Odette said...

Well deserved Pam!!
Congratulations on your news!!
Hugs,
Odette

Andrea M said...

Pam!!! That's so fantastic - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting :) Your card for the JUGS challenge is GORGEOUS! Didn't you just love that technique? Congrats again, so well deserved :)

Deb said...

Woooohooooo! So excited for you! WTG girlie! :)

Deanna said...

Toot away girl , this is awesome!

Gloria Westerman said...

Way to go Pam. Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!! You are one of the best, so why not. I am very proud for you. And alot of your stamping friends are too.

Jenny said...

Congrats on the Pubs Pam!! Happy Holidays!

redwasher1 said...

WOW WOW WOW! Congratulations Pam!! I'm so excited for you!! This would be a dream come true!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the song goes 'Your a Superstar'!

Charlene Austin said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! This is soooo cool. I am going to see if I can find that magazine and buy it!! You rock and I am SO SO SO excited for you!!!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails