Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD - Japan


I hope everyone had a chance to play with some of the challenges across the web for World Card Making Day. I had grand visions and plans but, alas, things required at home took precedence AND I'm also in the midst of preparing something new for everyone! (stay tuned for more!) I got a chance to play along with the first challenge posted by Nichole Heady at PaperTrey Ink. We were to create a card that was reflective of Japan. I came up with this little goodie.

Since Origami is a Japanese paper folding art, I used some beautiful origami paper that my daughter had given me. It's so beautiful and delicate and shimmery. It made the perfect focus for my card which needed only a few accents to finish it off.

I used the Weekend Sketch #100 from Beate for my layout,  added a few prima flowers, a simple sentiment and some embossing and paper piercing on the Raspberry layer. Here's a close up although you still can't see the delicate shimmer on this pretty paper.


Papers: Enchanted Evening, White, Raspberry Fizz, origami
Stamps: PTI - Mega Mixed Messages
MISC: Primas, pink floral rhinestone embellishment

Hope you had a great weekend - thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Pam! Great paper to show off! Love that flower. Thank you so much for playing!

Hugs and smiles

Deanna said...

So pretty Pam!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely girlfriend! I must try this as I bought the cutest geesha (sp?) girl stamp this weekend!

Selma said...

Pam this is a gorgeous card. The paper is so beautiful.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Japanese inspired card Pam! Love your choice of colors! Way to rock 2 challenges! :) TFS

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Love this card - the colors are wonderful!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails