Saturday, October 3, 2009

NEW - "Just Us Girls" Challenge

Well stampers - in honor of World Card Making Day, Kristin and I thought we give you a new sketch challenge to get you motivated and moving. Since it's "Just Us Girls" hosting a challenge this weekend we assigned keyword JUGs1 to this challenge. (As an aside... this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so while JUGs seemed "inappropriately appropriate" we mean NO disrespect with the acronym.) We liked the "Just Us Girls" as our challenge name but we both know women who have been affected by breast cancer, some who are survivors, some who, sadly were not. Meanwhile, here's our sketch (thanks Kristin for making an awesome sketch for us.)

I decided to play along with the Embellish Magazine Color and Polka Dot Challenge - as soon as I was DONE with my card I went to the web site and discovered that the challenge ended October 1 - LOL - so I was a day late and a dollar short but I wanted to share it anyhow. I used the JUGs new sketch and Ashley's colors to come up with this card for an upcoming Girls' Night Out. Stamps are from Verve - I just LOVE these images - so unique, fun and different from my normal style. The colors are truly amazing together! Here's the color map Ashley had put up and you will see why I used shoes for my image!

I stayed pretty true to the JUGs sketch and there are polka dots galore on the card - from the Swiss Dots CB background and accent strips to my own embossed polka dot paper (the Summer Sunrise layer). A couple of nestie layers and a few vintage buttons from PTI. Simple but FUN!

Now - we HOPE you will play along with us this week. If you link your card to a gallery be sure to use keyword JUGS1. Then go to Kristin's blog (at the bottom of the post) and link to Mr. Linky so we can see what you created. We're excited to have you here this week :-) Stay tuned for more exciting news coming soon ;-)

The following ladies are providing some additional inspiration this week:

Kristin
Dana
Lisa

Wishing you a super weekend! Hope you are all planning in participating in World Card Making Day in some fashion. Thanks for stopping by and do come try our sketch! We will visit your blogs and check out your creations.

10 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Pam! This is fantastic! Love that set by Verve...it's so cute! I also love that you used the color challenge from Embellish Magazine! I didn't realize it ended on 1 October...I was thinking it was already over when I tried uploading my submission for publication (8 minutes late and 8 dollars short :) Your ribbon and buttons are the perfect accessories! GORGEOUS!

Priscilla said...

such a good cause :)
Priscilla

Mona Pendleton said...

What a FUN card & Cause Pam! Those shoes resemble one of my favorite pair of shoes in my closet!!! Just kiddin' :) Love the polk - a - dots & ribbon just as much as I do shoes :) Can't wait to play with this sketch! Happy World Card Making Day :)

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

I LOVE this card - colors, theme and sketch. You knocked this one out of the park! Now I need to go make time to play. Thank you for the inspiration - hope you and Kristin make it a regular challenge!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I played along, you can see my card here:)
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/2009/10/card-3-wcmd.html#links

Lisa Kind said...

Love it, Pam! I realy like those shoes...I'm definitely a shoe girl with well over a hundred shoes (did I just say that?)! Lovely colors and fabulous challenge! Love that acronym...JUGS!! So fun!1

Dana Gustafson said...

I WANT a pair of those heels...not that I could WEAR them *giggle* but a soccer mom likes to at least know cute shoes live in her closet! Hee hee! I love how you were able to use so many kinds of polka dots on your card...they are my fave! So glad you and Kristen came up with the JUGs idea...you two are so creative!

Julie Ranae said...

Great card for the challenge...glad to find you...where in Chicago do you live? I am out in Rockford....

redwasher1 said...

Great card Pam!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Pam - this is gorgeous!!! This cute new VV Set worked perfectly for this Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails