Sunday, July 26, 2009

Loonie Stampers Wedding Challenge

Now how can I resist a challenge to make a wedding themed card? My good "Loonie Friends" have posted a challenge for this week to do just that so I had to play along. We're still shopping for wedding dresses - now we're going to go back and re-look at some we saw early on. So many beautiful choices!!

When I need to make an elegant card I turn to my paper from PaperTemptress. This time the Loonie Challenge had simply white, silver and black as the colors (THANK YOU GIRLS!). Add to that my new With This Ring wedding set from Gina K Designs and I knew I could put together a card for this challenge pretty easily.

Here's what I came up with. Typically I am hand delivering a wedding card, either at the wedding itself or at a shower so I don't mind using a larger square card which would take extra postage if sent through the mail. This one was made with GKD's luxury 120 black onyx card stock for sturdiness then layered with SU silver and Paper Temptress Laser Silver Luster AND White Diamond Paper Temptress (can't remember which one) beautiful paper for the focal image. A tiny bit of scoring with my Scor-Bug for a little texture on the focal panel.

I used the wedding cake as my main image but kept to the silver for the flowers. There is a TINY touch of a grey-green for the tiny leaves but that's all. I used the shimmery white flowers from Gina K with rhinestone accents for the finishing touches along with a simple sentiment from the With This Ring set.

Here's the inside of the card - simple but tied together with the overall theme. (Sorry it's crooked - I was trying to beat my battery from dying!)

Thanks to my Loonie friends for allowing me to play along. Hope over and see what these girls come up with - you will be amazed and inspired by their work!

Wendy
Char
Dee
Jewels
Regan
Maria

Have a great week ahead.

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous!

CraftieConnie said...

Gorgeous wedding card, Pam!

Deanna said...

Wowzers girl this is awesome! Thanks so much for playing!
Dee

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Pam. It looks like food to me, hint, hint.

Regan said...

yikes...I am in love with this..thanks for playing!!

oh for the flowers.. check out the cosmo cricket blog... it is video 1 in the series, i just made mine a bit "chubbier" and added glitter

Charlene Austin said...

PAM! This is so gorgeous. I am in love with that wedding cake stamp! Your card truly is elegant and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl! This is outstanding! Well done!

Selma said...

Oh, this wedding card is gorgeous Pam. Love how you completed the inside too. Also, like your new "signature".

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails