Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby Card and Bootie

One of my tech support guys is expecting his first baby (a boy) soon. His wife is quite delightful and I'm so excited for them. I decided to throw a baby shower for them at work.

I didn't get a chance to do hand made invitations - just not enough time with everything else I had going on but I did get a chance to make a card and I used the Stocking Stuffer (aka bootie and it's FREE) from My Timeless Templates to package up the small little lotions etc. I used the wrapping paper as my decorative layer on top of PTI Spring Rain and SU Whisper White CS. I used it also on the bootie so the big present and my small additions would all match the party decorations.

I made the bootie from Gina K's Pure Luxury 120 lb. card stock which made it real sturdy. It was the perfect package for the travel gift set of baby shampoo, lotion etc. (Thanks Kristen for giving me the idea for a perfect little extra something to go with the big gift.) The only problem with using wrapping paper on my card/project is that it's not nearly as nice a quality as the DPs I'm used to working with :-)

The wrapping paper was cute enough that I was able to cut out a couple of the images to use on the inside of the card. Just kind if fun. The sentiments on the front and inside are from PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings.

Thanks for looking! Congratulations Keith and Stephanie. Can't wait to meet baby Joshua.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful Pam! How very sweet of you to do this for them. I love how you used wrapping paper and then used it on the inside. Very sweet project.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so adorable Pam! It's so sweet and cuddly!

Steph said...

Wow this is such a beautiful set. What a wonderful gift!

CraftieConnie said...

This is just so cute Pam! What a great gift for a newborn!

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome Gift ensemble Pam! LOVE how you used the paper, neat idea!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh my, this set is the best! Using the wrap was a great idea! Your 'bootie! is just perfect! Wow, Pam, it's all so perfect!

Kristin Eberline said...

Awwh...this turned out soo great, Pam! I love the softness of it...so baby-ish :O) Oh, and if that wrapping paper is poor quality compared to designer paper, you sure did a good job of diguising it! I'm sure your co-worker appreciated you throwing a baby shower (huge endeavor...I'm very familiar :) and the cute little gift and card to go along with your other gift! I gotta tell ya, that border punch is just perfect for all things baby! It's so delicate and pretty. I don't think I've seen it before...I might be shopping later :O)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails