Friday, April 27, 2012

It's Time to Say Farewell

Dear Stamping and Blogging friends,

It's Saturday morning once again and time for my final Just Us Girls post. I have decided that I must step down from this team and this challenge site that I helped to start up. Several aspects of my life have changed and I simply do not have time to devote to this hobby and the blogging that goes along with it. I've been sooooooo blessed, by the many followers of my humble little blog. I never dreamed that so many of you would touch my life in such warm and wonderful ways. I think I have touched a few of you, too.

My oldest daughter is finally back from Afghanistan and we are planning her wedding - coming up quickly in December and my son has moved to Phoenix to attend school.  My other daughter and son-in-law live nearby and I want to enjoy time with them.  I've been a "victim" of empty nest syndrome but I have picked up and established a new hobby that is wonderful for me - I am now a full-fledged member of the geocaching community and I find great joy in that. It gets me outside and with people and, since I am very much a "people person" that has been a huge factor of giving me back joy and happiness.

I will still stamp and create - just on my own timeline but I most likely will not be blogging about it. I can't say thank you enough to everyone in this community of paper crafters for the encouragement, support, kind compliments and well wishes. A more amazing group of women I have never encountered. I have friends in FAR places that I have made through this hobby and I will continue to enjoy those friendships as a delightful outcome of this fulfilling hobby.

Now - on to today's challenge - I DO hope you will all stick with JUGS and continue your faithful participation with the marvelously talented group of crafty women.

Today I want you to try your hand at creating something three dimensional to package up something for a special woman in your life be it your mom, grandma, daughter, niece, or special friend. Be creative but find a way to make the packaging say "WOW" as much as the gift itself does. I learned that from my tenure on the My Time Made Easy design team and I thank Lauren for sharing that trick with me. It's all about the presentation - right?

Ok - before I get too tearful - here's my favorite template - in my favorite colors - all set to hold a special little "gem" of a gift *tee hee* This is a template from MyTimeMadeEasy and is probably my all time favorite gift box - I've re-created this little box so many times in so many ways but I went back to my original design for this one today. Pink and green and lace and flowers --- my idea of feminine.






JUGS would not be what it is today without the devotion and hard work by the amazing Design Team. You girls rock my world and I am blessed to know you and call you friend. Thank you for everything you have done to make JUGS all that it is today. God bless each of you. Please stop by and leave each of these amazing women a little love.

 Just Us Girls Design Team  


Hugs, smiles, a few tears and abundant blessings,
Stampin' Pam

10 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, Pam, I totally understand needing to do other things. Sounds like you have some wonderful things in the works :) Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all :) What a way to go out with a bang! That box is just the sweetest :) Sending you hugs and well wishes :)

Janine said...

Pam,
The box is gorgeous and it is sad you have to move on from JUGS - I remember it starting out. However, life changes and you need to do what is right for you. If you do create any masterpieces then you should share them even if it only once in a blue moon! Thanks for all the time you have given and God bless the plans you are making. Janine

Lynn said...

Pam,I am so sad but at the same time so very happy for you. You are in a wonderful phase of life and so blessed to have your children near. Enjoy your time. I will miss you and must say thank you to you for all you've done for JUGS and so many of us out in the blogging community. You are a gem! Lynn xx

Theresa Momber said...

Pam, I understand, but will miss seeing your updates. I do hope you'll pop in once in a while for a quick hello. Enjoy your time with family and outdoors. Wishing you all the best!!! Big hugs, my friend!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I can see why you love this box -- very classy!

Good luck with all your future endeavors -- if you are ever in PHX and have time give a call!!

Kay S said...

A big decision and life change for you, Pam, but sometimes we just need to take stock and decide what is best for us at that time. Enjoy your family and the new hobby and friends. We'll miss you!

Cheri said...

I can't imagine JUGS without you, Pam, yet I completely understand your decision. Family is so important and without time to spend with them so much is missed. God bless you in everything you do and thanks for being so supportive. Big hugs.

Miesje said...

You will be missed Pam but I totally understand! Family first always and re-prioritizing our lives on a regular basis is a good thing. I wish you every happiness and I hope we will see you around from time to to time. God Bless!

Andrea M said...

Pammycakes! *sniff* I am sooooo sad girl!!! You are an AMAZING teammate and friend and I am so proud to call you both :) The exciting, and sometimes scary, thing about life is change. But you have some exciting and wonderful things happening, so embrace it all. On a slightly different note, I had no idea you liked geocaching! Too bad we didn't live closer - my hubby and I have just started out. We haven't had a lot of time to geocache but it is so much fun! There are lots of great caches here in PEI ;)
Thanks so much for everything Doll! You will be sorely missed!!! I am so happy and blessed that our paths have crossed. Please keep in touch.

Cat Tidwell said...

Well, what a surprise for me! I will miss ya, even though I wasnt much of a comment-'or' I would hop on by sometimes!

It sounds like you have an awesome new fun hobby and one of these I hope to give it a try...just got to talk my home body hubby into it, lol! enjoy Pam and will miss ya!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails