Friday, February 18, 2011

New Design Team Member on JUGS +color color color!

Hey girls! It's time for another Just Us Girls color challenge. WOW do we have SOME good colors this week. Our wonderful Kathryn is our hostess this week and we want you to work with these colors, Melon Berry, Kraft and Light Aqua (or as close as you have to these colors).

Before I continue let me take a moment to share some GREAT NEWS with you. The JUGS team has selected a new Design Team member since our sweet Alicia stepped down to focus on her family. Our newest DT gal is none other than the über talented Elise Durenberger - aka Mamacow Creations!!! Please give Elise a WARM JUGS welcome.

I actually created this last week (I was AHEAD for a change) using the Mojo Monday Sketch #177 then realized I couldn't post it to the Mojo challenge because it wasn't time for JUGS yet! LOL.  BUT it was a great sketch and I was happy with the results.
Used some designer paper from my stash of papers - I got this a while ago at my LSS but I have no clue who the paper is by (sorry).

I matted with the Kraft - added some embossed PTI Aqua Mist.  Added some SU! designer paper in Melon that I also had in my stash (I'm pretty sure this is discontinued now) but it worked well with the other paper and with the colors.

I added a few prima flowers and a 3D butterfly for dimension.  If you look closely my sentiment is stamped on the "flag". I lined the inside with the polka dot side of the SU! paper for a very finished look.


Added a few pearls (colored with copics to match the aqua) and I was done!  The butterfly is sort of 3D - the top layer wings are folded "up" for the 3D effect.

Please visit our Featured Designer for the month, Lori Kalus.  Also stop by and visit the creations from the rest of the Design Team in my sidebar. You will not be disappointed!!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs n smiles,

6 comments:

Elise said...

FLOATING, flitting and FABULOUS butterflies, Pam! THIS card is GORGEOUS! I LOVE that composition: sorry you missed the mojo challenge, but clearly, the mojo WAS good!

Thank you, SO very much, for the warm & generous WELCOME... Alicia leaves some VERY big shoes {I admire her SO much!}... but also a legacy of kindness and a bit of the "cowgirl" thing, herself! In either case, it's a position I don't take lightly, if ya know what I mean! AND, it's a position I take with a whole LOT of craftiness, so THERE! hee hee THANKS, again - for SHARING the inspiration, the crafty mojo and the FUN - it makes me SO happy!

So, I'll leave you with this lil' tidbit... for now... Yeeee Haw! Can't wait to see what ALL the JUG-HEADS do with this delicious color combo!

Lisa Kind said...

You are so good at adding fab embellishments! This is so pretty! Love your design and how you snuck that sentiment on that little flag! Such a pretty card!

Debbie B said...

This is beautiful!!! Love the colors.


Debbie B

Andrea M said...

Pam - what a FABULOUS mix of patterned papers!!! Yummy!!! The little roses and butterfly are just beautiful! You're right this card turned out BEAUTIFULLY!! It's just got such an elegant air about it! Great job GF!!!

Monique said...

Pam this is Beauuuuuuutiful.. I love the paper choice and the added pearls above the butterfly... Perfect birthday card for that special someone :)... Great take on these colors!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my! I love your floaty little butterfly friend! The custom aqua pearls are delicious!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails