Friday, November 19, 2010

Come Color with JUGS

Howdy! Are you all ready for another Just Us Girls color challenge? Lisa is our hostess and she has a fantastic color challenge this week.  Hope you'll come color with us this week. In honor of our 700 followers we're offering up some fun blog candy to one lucky participant! (read to end)


Black - Red - Gold (or dark yellow) and White (the dark color in our graphic looks dark brown but Lisa assures us all that this is HER bag and it is, indeed, black).

I was inspired by the flowers as well as the colors so I made a 5x7 card for my friend's birthday. Once in awhile I like to work with a bigger "canvas" and this was the perfect challenge for this.


I started by creating a simple BG pattern with my Guidelines Two stamp set from PTI on part of my white CS. I added a SCOR line just above it but you can't see it in the photo.  I then made 3 flowers using the 3 primary colors for the challenge using PTI's Beautiful Blooms II set #1 dies. Easy Peasy!
The sentiment is from Signature Greetings - love the size of these sentiments and the combination of clean, crisp font with Dawn's fun handwriting. Nesties long rectangle - plain and scalloped were used for the sentiment.


A simple inside using the Victorian Lace border die from PTI. Gives me plenty of room to write a note to my friend. She's a papercrafter too so she'll enjoy the design I'm sure.

As for the blog candy. We are offering up a JustRite stamp set and a Spellbinder's Impressability to one lucky participant this week so be sure to play along with us! Now - scoot over to the Design Team (sidebar ->) and see what lovliness they have created for you.
Be sure to also stop by our Featured Designer, Cheryl Rowley and see her gorgeous project.

Thanks for stopping by - hope to see your stuff this week!
Hugs n smiles,

5 comments:

Monique said...

700 followers that is awesome..Congratulations to the Jugs!! Your card is beautiful as always Pam..the flowers turned out so nice and love the stamped Bg paper you have created :)

Maria said...

Fabulous job! So awesome that we have 700 followers, go honored to be a part of the team! Love your card, those flowers are awesome. I need to check out the dies at PTI.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Pam! Love all those nested flowers and that beautiful bow! I am sure your friend will treasure this beauty :)

Kathryn B said...

Love the flowers paired with PTI's guide lines two stamp set. This is a real beauty Pam!!

Andrea M said...

Love your take on the colors Pam! The flowers and guide lines background are gorgeous!!! I love the layered flowers - so fantastically colorful and simple :) I'm sure your friend will love it! Eye candy for sure :)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails