Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All Things Grow With Love

I had a moment to do a couple of challenges - for Joan's Garden and for Mona Pendleton. My post is short and sweet but the challenges were fun.


Joan's Garden challenge asked us to do the following:
1. Use a Magnolia or Sarah Kay image (or any character)
2. Include something that sparkles
3. Use a Nestie Spellbinder
4. Include a greeting

SO I inked up my Tilda with Love Rice image from Magnolia stamps and colored her with copics for Mona's Cr84FN3 challenge colors of light pink, bright pink and light green. I then added SU! Dazzling Diamonds to the basket of hearts and to Tilda's angel wings for some sparkle. I used three nesties - Labels 10, Labels 8, and Labels 4 on this card and I included a greeting from PTI. Here's a close up of Tilda. (Mona I just had to use some brown for her shoes LOL).


A close up of the prima flower - I added some Dazzling Dust chunky glitter to it - thanks to my fellow JUGS and MTME team member Lisa Kind who was sweet enough to send this to me - THANK YOU LISA!!!! It works beautifully.


Finally - here's a shot of my card stock BG. 

The white CS was just too plain for me but my 5-1/4" square card was too big to easily run through my CB etc. I wanted the BG to be subtle so I inked up an old SU! floral background stamp with Versamark and stamped my white CS. I liked the effect and put it all aside and went to bed. In the morning I wasn't quite so happy with the Veramark on white - it didn't show up enough so I used some very light green chalk and rubbed over the BG and sure enough - the image began to pop through. (I think the technique is actually called Poppin Pastels.)  I then adhered all my layers and my card was complete.  

Have a great Veteran's Day. My "other son" (aka my son Kevin's best friend Ian) is home from Afghanistan so this Veteran's Day will be a day to be even more proud and thankful for the service of our military men and women.

Hugs n Smiles,

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Pam, what a great card. I love your sparkles too. Great colors and thanks for telling us how you did the bc.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #22 weekly challenge. I love your entry!\

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, what a sweet card Pam! You did an amazing job coloring that darling image! Your background looks amazing & I love the glittery flower embellishment! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Selma said...

What a cute card Pam. I really like your background. The chunky glitter is so pretty on the flower. Happy you had time to play in our challenge.

Anne Tussing said...

So sweet! Love all the little details. The chunky glitter is awesome!!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails