Friday, September 17, 2010

A Rose for You

It's a Just Us Girls colorific Saturday! Yep Kathryn is our hostess this week and she has chosen red, black and green (with an optional neutral) as our colors this week. Yum!

Here's my take on this weeks' colors...


I seem to be low on birthday cards so I decided to make one to add to my stash. I started with one of my all time favorite images from Gina K by Melanie Muenchinger - the rose from A Year of Flowers. I stamped it on Gina K Pure Luxury Ivory CS then colored it with copics. I cut out the colored image with a nestie Label 9 then mounted that over a Large scalloped nestie oval in green.  For my black BG I used my MS trellis punch and then my swirls cuttlebug on the top part for a richly textured BG.

I added a few pearls to the bottom and a small ribbon topped off with a button accent.  I left the sentiment for the inside...


I again used Gina K stamps to create my verse inside. This is two stamps from the Inside and Out set. I also added another rose to the corner of the inside. Below you can see a side view with the peek at the inside.


I hope you will get your mojo on and come color with JUGS this week. Be sure to stop by the design team (in my sidebar -->) for a look at their creations and our Featured Designer this month Lynn Mangan who also has a lovely card to share.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs n Smiles

12 comments:

Melissa said...

What a stunner Pam! This card is so rich and elegant. I love the rose in the corner on the inside, it is the perfect touch.

Kathryn B said...

Hi Pam! This is a beautiful Birthday card love the flower which is perfectly colored and the trellace border with the little red dew drops is stunning...and the inside is cordinated perfectly! Very elegant!

Newbie said...

Beautiful card, Pam, and thanks for showing the INSIDE!! Love the roses in BOTH places and the colors! GOOD JOB!!

Andrea M said...

Pam - the rose is STUNNING!!! Love the trellis on the bottom! What a beautiful use of the challenge colors - gorgeous work girl!

Anne Tussing said...

Gorgeous! LOVE your coloring!!

Maria said...

Oh you used one of my very favorite Gina K sets!! LOVE that rose, beautiful job with the colors!!

Monique said...

Hi Pam what a beautiful card your rose turned out just perfect. I like how you used two different Nesti's,,:)

Misti said...

Pam, your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card, Pam! That rose is gorgeous! Love how you used the different nesties and the MS punch! The inside is just as pretty as the outside! Great job with the color challenge!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Pam! That rose is stunning!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This card is stunning. I love the lattice, So beautiful.

Peachy W said...

What a beautiful card, both cover and inside. How clever!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails