Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Square Can Be Round

I have been intrigued with Just Rite Stampers Friday challenges and wanted to play along with this week's challenge to use a round stamp with the sketch they provided.  I do have some rounds from JR Stampers but I wanted to tackle using a SQUARE image and making it appear round. (Per the challenge deets this was ok).

Here's their sketch:
And here's my card:
I have a friend who really needs a lift which is why I chose this square sentiment from JR Stampers Hope Border and Centers.  Punched the white CS with a MS trellis punch, embossed the other 2/3 of the CS with the swirls CB folder. I stamped a JR floral image that comes with the Oval Wood Stamper (AND FONT SET!!) and colored the florals and the sentiment swirls with some Copics.  I cut out the image with a Nestie circle then matted it on a pink CS layer cut with the Nestie blossom. I love pearls so I added some pale green to accent the blossom and some pale pink just for embellishments.

A close up of the senti which is SO beautiful. I think I will use this one a LOT! I want my friend to know that I believe in her and I know she will rise again and again.

Thanks for stopping by. Do visit Just Rite Stampers - they just released some NEW STAMPS, some new CLEAR BLOCKS for stamping and are coming out with a MARVELOUS stampers catalog.  You can find the link for pre-orders here.

Hugs n Smiles,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Pam. TFS, Mary M

Selma said...

Gorgeous card Pam. The pretty border using the flower from the oval set is so pretty. The square within the circle and framed with the blossom Nestie is fantastic. Don't you just love all the beautiful JustRite framed verses and sentiments. I'm sure this will cheer up your friend.

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Pam! Love the elegance of this!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful card & great thinking ... fitting a square peg into a round hole, LOL! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

A Consuming Passion said...

Ah this is gorgeous Pam - Selma was telling me about your lovely day with the JustRite team.....Lucky girls!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails