Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunrise wishes

Just a quick post today - we've got wedding work to do.  I was blown away by this card from Geri recently and was dying to try out her tutorial - found here. SO - with many thanks to Geri for this cool technique and some unabashed casing of Geri's work - here's my little take on the sunrays idea. I made this for Lee's color challenge to use turquoise and lemon plus one neutral!


After I created the sunrays, I sponged a 1" punched circle and adhered it to the "horizon".  I also add a few little birds in the sky. It's hard to see but under the sea, the fish (From GIna K's Best Fishes set)  has spica glitter on her scales, lips and fins - as well as the bubbles. The sentiment says "Best Fishes" but it's also hard to see.  If I do another one I will ink more of the sunray space so there is less "white space" in between but I didn't have time to re-do it today.

Thanks Geri for a super fun tutorial - I'm sure I'll try this again.
Have a great day everyone.

Hugs n Smiles,

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Pam! Love the rays of sunshine, the birds and the wonderful ocean scene!!

redwasher1 said...

Pam!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!! I love it! Thanks for the link back to me.:)

Kathryn B said...

This is absolutely beautiful Pam! Love the scene reminds me of summer!!! TFS

Sharon said...

I love it and think it's perfect!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Pam! I so need to try Mom's sunshine technique.

Maria said...

WOW! Fabulous job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Holy Smokes Pam! This card is beautiful! Awesome job with the new technique! Sure to brighten someone's day :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Your sunrays look fabulous Pam!!! What a beautiful CAS card Pam!!! It brighten my morning already :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Davi said...

Pam, those sun rays are so beautiful!! I love your card!!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails