Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gina K Creative Cookout Hop


It's time for another CSS Blog hop!

Several members of the CenterStage Spotlight Alumni team have gathered some of their favorite BBQ Picnic recipes together to make another cookbook!  The cookbook will be available for FREE over on the StampTV Freebie page for you to download and print at your leisure. Since we are paper crafters - the team was challenged to also make a project with our recipe in mind to share with everyone tonight on our blogs!

I decided to provide a family favorite recipe for Foil Potatoes. We originally made these on camping trips but we also now make them on the back yard grill.


I thought it would be fun to give this set of the seasonings to my future SIL so he can carry on the tradition - he loves these potatoes and now he can grill them up for my DD (his future wife)! Just a small gift but look how fun it is when it's all packaged up!

Here's a close up of the gift set.

I printed up some double sided digital gingham paper onto some GKD pure luxury card stock (nice and sturdy) and made up this Card Catch All template from My Time Made Easy.  Red gingham on one side, brown on the inside. I added a simple flat bow with some red ribbon then made a couple of cute tags with my nesties using Gina K's Lovely Labels. I used Theresa's Happy Camper stamp set for the words, the Happy Birthday sentiment, and the camp stove image. Since this recipe had its roots from our camping days I thought it would be fun to follow that theme.

Please check out the links of all the participating designers and then download the Recipe booklet and let us know how you like them! We'd love your "FEEDback" *grin*

Thanks for stopping by -
Hugs n Smiles,

19 comments:

Tina said...

I LOVE that you made that holder... how adorable. I can see this at any picnic table!! Great job.

joy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your spice idea. Such a wonderful job!!

Theresa Momber said...

This looks so yummy! I'm a major potato fiend! Love 'em. Your spice holder is fabulous!!! What a great idea!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is such an awesome idea, Pam! Love the spice holder you created and how you used the gingham paper and the nesties w/coordinating label stamps :] Those potatoes look YUMMY! I'm going to have to give them a try! Congrats on being "published" again ;]

Betty Neville said...

What a wonderful idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great job, Pam! Lauren's templates are so amazing and I'm thrilled to see this one that you made for the hop tonight! Thanks so much for all the work you put into making the recipe booklet and hop a success!!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful idea! I'd love to know the recipe! {wink!}

Dawn said...

fabulous idea!! love the spice tote... yum too!

Carla S. said...

What a terrific project, Pam! Such a cute spice holder! It will make a great gift to go with the recipe for the yummy-looking potatoes!

Cheri said...

Fantastic holder/card/tray idea, Pam. The paper is perfect for it too.

Your potatoes look soooooo mouth watering. I love them cooked like this.

Colleen said...

Pam,
I realy like the creative gift!

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous project and your recipe is calling me!! Can't wait to try this!!!

Sharri said...

Pam, Awesome spice holder! I can see that sitting on everyone's picnic table! Your potatoes look so good!! Can't wait to try your recipe.

Brenda said...

Pam you spice holder is wonderful! And those potatoes look so yummy!

Lee said...

Ohhh cute condiment/spice holder!!! Love that!!! And yum!!! We'll have to remember that recipe for when we're camping!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What an amazing and functional project! I love that spice holder and can't wait to try your potatoes.

peggy wainman said...

That holder is wonderful!

Jennie said...

Love your project for the hop Pam! Nice design and looking forward to trying your recipe :o)

LeAnne said...

Oh my, Pam, I see what you mean about the template....this is too stinkin' cute! And I will need to check out all these recipes!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails