Friday, January 22, 2010

Jugs Us Girls #17 - Happy Mail!

Good Saturday Morning girls. It's another Just Us Girls challenge day and today we bring you an extra special treat... We have a SPONSOR!!! This is the third week of the month so it's time for a 3D or template challenge - well.... WHO do we all know really well as a creator of amazing templates? WHO has just opened a brand new online store for templates AND stamps AND digital papers? You guessed it - It's Lauren Meader!! Lauren has volunteered to sponsor the JUGS challenge this week. So of course there will be some blog candy! (See end of post)

Here's your challenge this week:
Since Lauren is sponsoring us we would LOVE it if you would use one of her templates for this week's challenge if you have one - if you don't have one did you know you can download one for free??? It's called Cutesy Cover and it is SUPER cute. Get it --> HERE.  (Here is a link to a Cutesy Cover project I made earlier.) Or, of course, you can purchase and use any one of Lauren's amazing templates from My Time Made Easy.  BUT we do want everyone to be able to participate so you are also welcome to use a template of your own choosing.

This week we are giving you a "Sneak Peek" of the next template from My Time Made Easy and it's called Happy Mail. The title just makes me smile because there is NOTHING better than going out to your mailbox to discover a card, a note or even a package from your favorite stamp store *wink*.
This is my little Happy Mail mailbox and card.
I used some of the new digi papers from MTME - Love Notes Floral and another one of the gorgeous polka dot colors both being released by MTME on Feb. 1. Here's a side view of the cute mailbox:

 
 
I made my cardstock double sided by running it through my printer twice!   You can see that the inside of the mailbox is the Blushing polka dots while the mailbox is the Floral paper. I made the flag and the base from Candied Apple polka dot paper that used Blushing polka dots on the reverse.

Once I created my double sided cardstock, I used my brand new toy - my Cricut Expression cutting machine - to cut the template for me!!!! Oh I am in LOVE! Now - I have been a fan of Lauren's templates from the beginning but now that she is also offering them in different file formats to work with different cutting machines - well - they are even more of a dream come true!!! Even my DH stands in awe watching it cut out these items!! SO if you own a cutting machine be SURE to buy your templates in the format for your machine - it will include a PDF version as well. If you even THINK you may buy a cutting machine someday - buy the file format for the machine you plan to purchase - you will still get the PDF file to use so why not??

Here's a close up of the front of my mailbox. I used the ADORABLE owls and sentiment from Critters with Heart stamp set (coming Feb 1 - AND this set will also be available in digital format for those of you who love digital stamps.)


Finally, here's a look at the matching card (and inside of card) - Although these stamps are perfect for Valentine's Day there are so many other ways you can use them - I used mine to make a birthday gift box and card! I used the same double sided card stock to make this petite card!



 

So - that's it this week - OH YEAH  - blog candy anyone? Lauren is offering a $25 gift certificate to My Time Made Easy to ONE lucky winner this week - to qualify you need to play along with Just Us Girls - create a direct link to your project for Mr. Linky on the JUGS site and show us what you create! We can't wait to see your projects.

If you are still looking for a little inspiration check out our January Featured Designer, Gabby! It has been wonderful having Gabby's fresh and unique talent on our team this month! The rest of the Just Us Girls DT is in my sidebar - check them out! -->

Want to be considered for Chic of the Week? Be sure to read the details on the JUGS blog. :-)

Thanks for stopping by - my blogaversary is coming up SOON and I plan to offer up something good!
Hugs and smiles.

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Pam! Your Happy Mail gift set is a real hoot! :) I love all the MTME © DP you used especially the polka dots! Your pearl accents are such a nice touch & I really liked the way you showed us the inside of your card as well! Great inspiration for all!

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Pam - love how your project turned out. I downloaded Lauren's template to try out and will be checking back to her store on Feb 1. Hope you are having fun w/ the Cricut!

Alicia Weiman said...

So cute....I just love owls and this one is too cute! I love how you paired them up on your template! The colors are great too! Your pictures are awesome too....I like how you used the sparkly grass. My friend is getting ready to make a baby quilt with owls and there is a saying on it that says Hooo Loves You? I thought that was too cute! Have a great weekend Pam!

Anonymous said...

You rock! I don't even know what to say! Everytime I visit you something amazing is on your blog!!! Hope all is well and your visit to Germany was wicked!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh, Pam, you have chosen a color combo that I just adore! Love the pink/white/red! Love it! I really like how you double-sided all the papers. It looks so pretty on the inside of the card! I'll have to remember that! Great project once again!

Canda said...

This is so cute! I love owls, so I can't wait to see this whole set. That's a great tip about the file format too!

Katie Cotton said...

so cute! I love how you layered 2 images together! You're brilliant! :)

Carol L said...

This looks like it took days to complete with all the fabulous details! Beautiful work!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - Pam - this is just way toooooo cute!!! Love your card and mailbox!!! Hugs ~S~

Diane said...

Wow...everything about this is gorgeous...even the way you displayed it to take the photo...awesome!!

Maria said...

Pam what a fabulous set!! Love the colors you picked and the love notes paper looks fab on the mail box!

Kathryn B said...

Aaah Pam, Bam! you've done it again you're project is stunning! I love the red polka dots and the pink DP paper and your owls...! I can hardly wait for the 1st!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Girl you ahve me DYING to print out that paper! Im in love with this one. The owl is perfect in those colors too. All the elements you added is just perfection :D Thanks girly!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE the red and white polka dots on your creation and the red and white flowers! They just make the entire project come ALIVE! The owls ARE a hoot! LOVE the card with the reverse color polka dots inside! Just wonderful!

Michele Kovack said...

This is oh so cute!!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Way cute Pam! I love the red polks dot paper and the wonderful way you always work flowers into your projects. Whoooooo loves ya? WE do!

Gabby said...

I love this Pam! The flowers...the ribbon...everything!

Regan said...

dude this rocks!!!!!!

Monique said...

Pam!! This is soooo cute...I cant wait to get mine :).I love the coloring combination you have chose and how nice it would be to get the little gift in the mail box..Those owls are so cute...love the heart faces they have.,,Thanks for all the inspiration :)

Andrea M said...

Pam! This is utterly gorgeous!!! Love the embellies - so pretty! Wow - thanks for sharing! Love it!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails