Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Altered Frame - Butterflies and Flowers

Well girls I have a new project to share today. I made my first altered frame! I found this plane jane super simple frame at Target in the $1 bin yesterday and I thought "hmmmmm I think for a dollar I can do something with this...."

Here's the frame...



And here's what I did with it...



Now the first one I made up didn't have the patterned paper on the frame and it just seemed to be sort of missing something but I didn't know what - A good friend suggested maybe for a sort of shabby chic look I could cover the frame with paper THEN add my accents.... I gave it a try (I have always loved gingham so I chose the pink gingham paper) and I did like the overall end result! THIS particular item is FOR ME :-) It's a little something for my stamp room. I love the "Follow Your Dreams" butterfly and sentiment especially paired with "From Small Beginnings Come Great Things" so that's what I made - for me.  Lots of flowers and lots of little butterflies and lots of pearls - my favorite things!

A close up of the sentiment stamps


Everything I used (except the pearls and flowers) was from Lauren Meader's My Time Made Easy line. I used several of the fabulous Pretty Printable papers and her GLORIOUS and versatile stamps sets, All a Flutter and All a Flutter Sentiments. Yes I do love butterflies and can't stop using them!

A final look at my fun project - THANKS for stopping by and for the encouraging and sweet comments - I do read every one!


Hugs and smiles.

9 comments:

The Wired Angel said...

This is so creative.. You know, your post will make me look at things like this in a completely different way. Thanks for such inspiration Pam! Hugs, Peggy

The Wired Angel said...

and.. almost forgot.. I hope that you daughter is doing well and you get to spend some quality time together soon. Hugs, P

Kathryn B said...

This is absolutely beautiful Pam!!! I would keep it for myself too!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great idea for a photo collage frame

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Pam! You continue to amaze me! This frame is gorgeous & so full of detail! I love all the butterflies & flowers that you ever so carefully cut out by hand then adorned with pearls! You are one talented lady :) TFS

Selma said...

I always love all the creative things you do with items from Target. This is such a cute frame and the gingham dp really is perfect for all the butterflies and flowers. This will be a great addition in your stamp room.

Kristin Eberline said...

Holy Camolie! I cannot get over what you did with my papers and $1!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE all the pretty embellishments and butterflies! Soooo pretty, Pam ♥

Maria said...

OH CROW! BEAUTIFUL!! Gotta love what you can pick up in the target $1 bin and what you can create! Makes me want to run out and get one of those frames! LOL! Fabulous job Pam!!

Deebi27 said...

Love this frame and I will be looking for such a find and make it MY own or make it for someone special. Thanks for the creative genius!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails